Cranberry Apple Muffins
I haven't tried this recipe yet but I hope to soon!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup oat bran or 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup diced unpeeled tart apple
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cranberries or 3/4 cup frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Mix flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Break eggs into another bowl. Add sugar and mix until smooth. Mix in oil and vanilla. Stir in apple, cranberries and walnuts. Pour over dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and firm to the touch. Let cool, and store 1 to 2 days in a plastic bag or airtight container for best flavor. Do not freeze.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These muffins were pretty good, Personally, I don't like muffins that come out of a plastic bag. They are certainly always moist, but it is a different moistness from that which is characteristic of a muffin recipe that yieldsa moist and tender mufin straight from the oven. Given this prerence, I chose to eat these from the oven. My husband and I really liked the flavor, but I felt that the batter was a little dry. I used white whole wheat flour for the 1/2 cup we were told to play with.Reply
Delicious muffins! I used a 1/2 cup of oat bran and I left out the walnuts. I really like the combination of apples, brown sugar, and cranberries (although I would chop the cranberries next time). I didn't notice the instructions "do not freeze" and did freeze half the recipe...I actually couldn't tell a difference between the frozen/thawed and the fresh muffins. Thanks for sharing this!Reply
Really nice muffins! These capture some of my absolute favorite flavors, and they're easy to put together. I made two changes based on dietary preference: I replaced the eggs with my usual ground flaxseed-water mixture, and replaced the whole wheat flour with ground flaxseed as well. I also ended up using a little more cranberry and apple. Even with the extra fruit, I still only got 10 muffins out of the batch. They're also a more delicate muffin than I expected, but that may be due to the changes I made to the recipe. Thanks for sharing! :)Reply
see 12 more