Spicy Sour Cream Raisin Muffins
I haven't tried this recipe yet but I hope to soon!
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon oats
- Put eggs, sour cream, milk, and instant coffee in a bowl. Whisk until well blended. Stir in raisins. Let stand about 5 minutes while coffee dissolves. Stir to mix.
- While coffee is dissolving, heat oven to 375 degrees F. and grease muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and spices in a large bowl. Add sour cream mixture and fold in just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Scoop batter info muffin cups. Sprinkle with the 1 T. oats. Bake 20-23 minutes, or until brown and springy to the touch in the center.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have no doubt at all that this is a great recipe as written. I used fat free sour cream, egg beaters and fat free milk and the muffins came out kinda hockey puck-ish. However after I allowed them to cool they were fine, really good. A little on the chewy side but again that's because I pulled all the fat out. I will make again only with probably real eggs. Thank you!Reply
This recipe deserves more than 5 stars, just for the heavenly scent while baking. They were moist and very flavorful. Loved the coffee flavor throughout. Similar to a coffee cake I make, but this was so much easier. Thanks for sharing, these were heavenly! Will definitely make them again as they were eaten up in one day. My family has a new muffin they will be requesting I'm sure. With all the oooo's and awwwwhs and the fact that they are healthy as well. Made for Recipe Swap #7 ~VReply
see 3 more