Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
A retro recipe that stands the test of time. These little round beauties are the highlight of any get together. Hard boil the egg, slice in 6 slices, (I use a egg slicer) top with salt & pepper, (I use a course ground pepper) dollop each slice with a zesty bit (about 1/4 tsp or more if you like) ketchup and Tabasco, and slide on to the Ritz. A smooth, but slightly salty and most definitely zesty bit of wonder right onto your taste buds.
Top Review by littlemafia
Saved this for the New Year's! What a great idea,that replaced the devilled eggs(much higher in calories). To dress it up a little I placed some on cucumber and tomato slices. Another great way to get kids to eat eggs, especially if they get to help. Wonderful and easy recipe. Thanks andi.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce (I use 3 drops, but is purely optional, but good!)
- 12 Ritz crackers
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (course grind)
- 1 dried leaf basil (sliced) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice hard cooked eggs evenly.
- Stir together ketchup and Tabasco sauce.
- Place slice egg on top of Ritz, add a small dollop of ketchup-Tabasco sauce to top. Garnish with a fresh basil leave, sliced.
- Hard-boiled egg method - place the eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by a 1/2-inch. Bring water to a very gentle boil. Turn off the heat, cover, and let sit for exactly (in pot) 12 minutes. After the time has passed place cooked eggs in a bowl of ice, and ice water until ready for use. Peel shell under cold water.