1/2 Photos of Amazing Watermelon Greek Salad With Feta
This refreshing salad will surprise you and your guests with how well the flavours work together. At first, it might seem strange, but one taste and you will be hooked. The cool, crunchy watermelon is the perfect base for the pungent, greek flavours - it's a perfect balance of savoury and sweet. A similar salad was served to me at a cafe a few years back. I had always remembered it and finally decided to try to recreate it. This is about as close to the original I could get. :) ***note*** Feel free to experiment with flavours. Try adding in some fresh basil OR fresh mint in place of the balsamic vinegar. Or leave out the vinegar altogether.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, cubed (or crumbled)
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and halved (or use sliced ripe olives)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- 1In a small bowl, cover the onion slices with the lime juice. The acid in the lime juice will help to mellow the onion a bit.
- 2In a large salad bowl, combine the watermelon, feta, olives, and onions (without the lime juice, but save the juice for the vinegrette) Set aside.
- 3Wisk together the reserved lime juice, olive oil and as much balsamic vinegar to suit your taste and preferences. Keep in mind there is quite a bit of flavour in the salad from the feta and olives so just 1 or 2 tbsp usually does the trick.
- 4Pour vinegrette over melon mixture and toss. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Watermelon Greek Salad With Feta
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 294.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g