Celery Salad With Feta
This is great when you want a different type of salad. Cooking time is passive chilling time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 6 large celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese (goat's milk feta is best)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large bowl, place the celery and red onion.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together olive oil. lemon juice, Dijon, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing mixture over celery and onion.
- Sprinkle with chopped mint and parsley.
- Toss to combine well.
- Chill for about 1 hour before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am about to make this for the second time this week! It's early May and we are having an early heat wave- 90 degrees lately. I came to Food looking for recipes that were cool and refreshing, and this fit the bill. The first time I made exactly as written and it was very, very tasty. Today I am subbing gorgonzola for the feta and basil and oregano for my fresh herbs. We will be enjoying this salad during the hot months we have here at the beach. Thank you for posting.Reply