- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup butter (No Substitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Line bottom and sides of a 9" round baking pan (Do Not Use Glass) with foil.
- Butter the foil heavily; set pan aside.
- Combine almonds, the 1/2 cup butter, sugar and syrup in a 10" skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar is melted and mixture turns golden brown, stirring constantly (about 10 minutes).
- Quickly spread mixture into foil lined pan.
- Cool about 15 minutes or until firm.
- Remove candy by lifting edges of foil out of pan; peel off foil.
- Leave whole or break into pieces.