Recipe by Miss Annie
This dish is absolutely fantastic. It has some wonderful ingredients that give a taste treat experience you won't forget.
Top Review by Bev
This dish is abolutely incredible! Definitely a company worthy meal! I prepared exactly as directed by Miss Annie without any changes. So easy to prepare for such as elegant meal! I served with rice and a tossed green salad and crusty bread. Thank you so much for another wonderful supper, Miss Annie!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb tomatoes, chopped (2 medium-size tomatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sesame oil (do not omit)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb uncooked cleaned and deveined shrimp
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 8 black olives, halved (preferably Greek olives)
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475ºF.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté until soft.
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic, bay leaf, basil, oregano, parsley, hot sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from skillet with slotted spoon, leaving juices in skillet, and spread vegetables in bottom of an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bring pan juices to a boil; add shrimp.
- Cook 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add shrimp with juices to baking pan; crumble feta over top.
- Arrange olives on top of feta and squeeze lemon juice over all.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.