Danet Robaina's Note:
Basically it's a Campbell's chicken and soup recipe that I had tweaked. I had 4 hungry friends over and no real food or money since where in college (this is a cheap dinner to make and easy to double good for big families). All I had on hand was chicken and rice and mushroom soup. Lucky I had a few spare items on hand. I didn't like the idea of chicken just sitting there in cream of mushroom soup for an hour in the oven with rice. So I tweaked it with white wine and made it on the stovetop we couldn't wait an hour. With the brown bits it made the greyish looking soup into a pretty golden color and the garlic woke everything up. The Uncle Ben flavor rices are awesome--when you're in a pinch I totally recommend them. You can also use egg noodles--it makes it a bit more richer. Ever since then, I get this request about twice a week and people still don't believe its cream of mushroom soup--who knew !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 chicken breasts, flattened out
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) packet of uncle ben's garlic and butter flavorful rice pilaf mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1In a saucepan, add oil and 2 tablespoons of butter; let melt and then add chicken breasts. Cook until golden brown and juices run clear.
- 2While chicken is cooking, follow package directions for rice (it takes about 10 to 15 minutes I've found).
- 3In saucepan deglaze pan with wine.
- 4Don't get rid of those yummy brown bits--it gives this sauce flavor.
- 5Add garlic, cream of mushroom soup and milk; stir until creamy.
- 6Add cheese.
- 7When rice is cooked, pour into mushroom mixture. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Let cook for another 5 minutes.
- 9Serve with salad and garlic bread. Serves 4.
- 10You can also leave the rice separate and just put the chicken in the sauce--either way, it's your choice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 30 Minute Chicken and Rice Dinner by Accident
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.1
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 128.8 mg
- Sodium 832.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 36.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice pilaf mix