30 Minute Almond Chicken
This is a very delicious recipe that turns an ordinary dinner into an extraordinary meal with a springtime twist. If you want a dinner that is quick, easy, and healthy this is it! Unlike most one-dish-meals, this one has three distinct flavors that blend well. I was hesitant at first to use thigh meat as we like white meat, but I think this cut really made the dish! I found this recipe in Kraft’s Food and Family (Spring 2005) Magazine.
- Ready In:
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing (Kraft Zesty Italian)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups green beans, Trimmed &, Halved (I lightly steamed them before adding to recipe)
- 1 cup MINUTE White Rice, Uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Toss Chicken with Dressing in plastic bag or container with lid.
- Add Chicken with Dressing to large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat and cook 4 minutes on each side (or until browned).
- Stir in Broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and Simmer for 10 Minutes.
- Add Beans and cook 5 Minutes or until Chicken is cooked through.
- Remove Chicken from skillet (I removed the green beans also).
- Add Rice and Almonds and Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Seat Chicken on Green Beans over the Almond-Rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was super simple and really enjoyed by my family. I had a hard time getting the rice to soften up, so that is why I am rating this 4 stars instead of 5. I ended up having to boil 1 cup of water and through the rice in there for 5 minutes until it was ready to eat. I will try to move the liquid to a small sauce pan before adding the rice next time I make this. I will definitely be saving this for nights that I need something quick and easy. Thanks NcMysteryShopper.
I was looking for some inspiration for a new and different way to prepare chicken. This really hit the spot! Easy to prepare and very, very good. It did take me a little over 30 minutes but I really didn't watch the clock that closely. Thanks for posting a really, really nice recipe, that we will be making often!
Really liked this one! I used 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, Light Zesty Italian dressing, 2 whole cans of green beans (drained), 2 cups of minute brown rice (I added 1 cup of water), and 1/2 cup of almonds. The chicken was flavored just right and the almonds were a hit! This will definitely be on the "really fast supper" list from now on!