Recipe by Leslie in Texas
I got this recipe from a good friend who brought it to a cookout. We all asked for the recipe so I thought I'd post it here on Zaar. It really does go together quickly, hence the name!! Please make sure you use the SHELLED sunflower seed kernels.
Top Review by HisPixie
Labor Day picnic food! My sister is gluten intolerant so this made a nice side dish to bring to a family picnic. I've had this recipe for years with one small change -- I use peanuts instead of sunflower seeds. The peanuts are added at that last minute to keep them as crunchy as possible. My sister loved it. :)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (I've used Splenda)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby peas, defrosted
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (kernels with shells removed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well to dissolve sugar. May be made ahead of time.
- Put slaw mix, peas, and sunflower kernels in a serving bowl.
- Add dressing to coat well and toss until everything is combined.
- * If the dressing is made ahead of time, it really does only take about 22 seconds to prepare this! :).