Sweet & Sour Chicken
photo by cpss6837
- Ready In:
- Drain pineapple, reserve the juice.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- reduce heat and add vegetables, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until blended.
- Stir into the skillet.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple and heat through.
- Serve with rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well, I'm a freshman going to college studying for a major in history and a minor in teaching... and my recipes will probably reflect that, being a 'starving college student' and all. I love making deserts, that's what I'm best at. My fiancee likes making healthy dishes so our motto is, 'He'll cook to keep us healthy and I'll cook to keep us happy'