Crockpot Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 10mins
- 4 frozen chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Place the frozen chicken in the crockpot and dump the pineapple (WITH the juice) on top.
- Scatter the chopped vegetables over the chicken and pineapple.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, Thai sweet chili sauce, and the chicken broth, then pour over all.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours on low.
- Remove chicken to cutting board and cut into slices or cubes.
- Return chicken to pot; whisk together the cold water and the cornstarch until smooth, then stir into the pot.
- Cover and continue to cook on low for at least 1 hour.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an Arkansas native but spent my teen-aged years in Memphis. I have four grown sons and 12 grandchildren. I currently live in Chattanooga, TN and cook mainly for just two, which has been quite an adjustment!