Philadelphia Steak Sandwich (Jeff Smith)
photo by Rinshinomori
- Ready In:
- Slice the loaf in half through the center and then in half so that you have two half moon sandwiches.
- Grill the beef on a hot griddle in a little olive oil. Do not overcook.
- Place meat on a bottom half of the sandwich. Top with the pizza sauce and cheese. Broil until melted.
- Top with onion and peppers.
- Place lid on sandwich and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a sandwich that wakes you up in a middle of the night and swoon because you want to eat another one. So simple and yummilicious! I used already sliced (very thinly sliced prime grade chuck) I can easily purchase at my local Japanese market and used store bought hoagie rolls. What sets this sandwich apart is the use of pizza sauce (about 1 - 2 T sauce according to your taste) over the already grilled meat. You can certainly use homemade tomato sauce like I did and you will love these sandwiches! My husband was in heaven when he took the first bite too. He just said mmmmmmm. Thanks for posting this recipe.