photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the tortilla pieces and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until they begin to get crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion, jalapeño pepper, and garlic, and saute for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the onion is transparent.
- Stir in the tomato and oregano; mix well.
- Add the eggs and stir to scramble until the eggs are set.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add the cheese,and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Top with the salsa and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious Breakfast very similar to Huevos Ranchero The only thing I would do different is after crisping the tortilla chips remove them from the pan, keep them warm, and only return them to the eggs at the end after the eggs have cooked and the cheese melted. I think I would like them to stay crisp. Loved my breakfast thanks Virginia