Grilled Pepper Poppers With Goat Cheese
Found in Cooking Light these turned out so good! They were warm and creamy and looked really pretty.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup soft fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare grill to medium high heat.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in bowl, stirring well.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of mixture into each pepper half.
- Place pepper halves, cheese side up, on grill rack coated with cooking spray.
- Grill peppers 5 minutes or until bottoms are charred and cheese mixture is lightly browned.
- Carefully place peppers on serving platter and sprinkle with cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We've been making these nearly weekly since the May edition of Cooking Light and they are a huge hit! They look so impressive with guests - just beautiful, especially with the stems still on! I don't use sage and instead use extra green onion and stir the cilantro right into the cheese. We sprinkle paprika on top just for addded prettiness :)