Grilled Sweet Pepper Poppers
Delicious grilled appetizer. A nice change from regular hot poppers. My grandson devours these!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 16 miniature sweet peppers (They are about the size of a jalapeno, usually red and yellow, I find them at Costco)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 tomatoes, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Spoon sour cream into a 1-quart zip-loc freezer bag; seal and chill.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Rinse peppers; cut in half length-wise. Remove seeds and veins.
- Mix together in small bowl cheese, tomato, onion, cilantro and salt.
- Fill pepper halves evenly with cheese mixture; pressing it into hollows.
- Lay filled peppers, cheese side up on grill (I use a grill pan for ease, but it's not necessary).
- Cook until blistered and slightly charred on the bottoms, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- With a wide spatula, move peppers to serving platter.
- Snip 3/4-inch corner off the sour cream bag and pipe evenly over the hot peppers.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
5 Bright Stars for this one. I mixed the sour cream with an equal amount of cream cheese and it worked perfect. Just realized I forgot to add the cilantro, guess I'll just have to make them again. Thinking the next time I might add a little minced jalapeno to the filling! Thanks so much for sharing Ann. Thanks too to Jubes for directing me to this great recipe!
SO GOOD! My brother had a cook off last weekend and the appetizer had to be grilled. I brought this recipe and took the category! Don't tell them, but I even used Tillamook's reduced fat cheddar and light sour cream! ;) My mom doesn't care for peppers and even she enjoyed. I will be making this on a regular basis for parties! Delicious, thanks for sharing!