Fresh Pear and Apple Pie
- Ready In:
- 4 apples (4 cups sliced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 pears, sliced (Firm)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 9" pie shell
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- apples and pears.
- Place in large bowl and toss with lime juice.
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl.
- Toss with apple and pear slices until coated.
- Turn into a 9x1-1/2 inch deep dish pie plate.
- Dot with butter.
- Roll out pastry for top crust.
- Cut slits to vent steam during baking and place over filling.
- Seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!