Stilton and Fresh Pear Tart
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces butter
- 8 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and sliced thinly
- 3 -4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix flour and salt together. With your fingers, mix in butter that is at room temperature until crumbly.
- Press into bottom of 8" or 9" tart pan with removable bottom. Prick holes in bottom of pastry with a fork.
- Blind bake for 5 minute Remove from oven and let cool.
- Turn oven down to 350°F.
- Sprinkle crumbled stilton into cooled pastry shell.
- Place sliced pear over stilton, in a spoke pattern.
- Beat eggs and then beat in the half and half.
- Pour egg mixture over the pears and stilton until the tart pan is almost full.
- Bake for 30-40 min or until set.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!