Easy Refrigerator Pickle Slices
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
7 cups (approx)
- Place half of the cucumber in a large glass bowl then top with half of the onion, then place the remaining cucumber slices on top of the onions.
- Then place the remaining onion slices slices on top.
- Sprinkle the garlic slices (if using) over and around the pickles and onions.
- In a saucepan combine the vinegar with all remaining ingredients; stir well and bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture over the cucumber and onions; bring to room temperature and refrigerate for 4 days before using.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow! What flavor! I only had one BIG hothouse cucumber to use, so I adjusted the recipe to suit it. I used a quart canning jar to put it all in. Added a couple extra little special ingredients. But the vinegar/sugar mixture with it's spices was SO flavorful. Has that wonderful sweet/sour thing going on. Another winner Kittencal!!!