Creamy Cheesy Potatoes
photo by queenbeatrice
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package o'brien frozen potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup or (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season potatoes to taste.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine milk, soup and sour cream.
- Combine potatoes with milk and soup mixture. Add 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spread evenly into casserole dish and push a tblsp of butter into the mixture at 4 different places. This will help to prevent sticking while the dish cooks. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
I just made this tonight for dinner and it was so good. I used Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup in it because it was the only cheese soup I had and I cooked some Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked Sausage and mixed it in after I had served it up on the plates (If they wanted to a few of my family ate it on the side) this was a huge hit. Thanks for the recipe I will make this again for sure! :) Very easy to make I threw it together quickly and served my family of 7 with leftovers for tomorrow!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to eat, and I love to cook so here I am! As a mother of two that works full-time and attends college full-time, I like to make dishes that are cheap and use easy ingredients. Quick (most of the time) and simple is my motto. My recipes will normally include ingredients that you find on shelves in your local grocery stores. I like using canned sauces or vegetables and spices for my foods and adding my own zing to make the dish my own. I guess I want chefs to understand that you don't have to spend an arm and a leg on fresh ingredients to make a great dish!