Cilantro Jasmine Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Knorr cilantro minicube
- 14 ounces Swanson chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- In a high sided skillet (that has a cover), saute the rice in oil over medium high heat until the rice is solid white, then add onion and saute until onion is translucent, add garlic and saute just a little. Rice should be lightly tanned. Pour the broth slowly into the skillet. Add cilantro seasoning minicube, salt, cumin, and pepper, stir and bring to a boil then lower it to a simmer on low heat. Make sure minicube has dissolved.
- Cover & cook on low until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender. Do not uncover and DO NOT STIR while rice is cooking. About 20-25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
wanted a quick & easy lunch and had all the ingredients on hand. I used vegetable bullion instead of the chicken broth with 14 oz water, and also stirred in fresh cilantro, some roma tomatoes, and a little parmesan in before serving. Delicious! If you make a whole meal out of it I would say this serves 2 people. The cumin makes this a good dish for cold days. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a Wife, Mom and Grandma and I enjoy cooking mostly. I don't mind baking but if I bake I gain, HA HA! My hobbies are photography, reading, walking, computer games and I enjoy spending time with my kids. I'm always up for a new recipe and would love to find lots of yummy ones on here. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">