Almond Spice Rice Pudding from Leftover Rice
I just made up this recipe. I had a lot of leftover jasmine rice, and decided to try an experiment. My mom used to make rice pudding from leftovers all the time, but I added my own flavors for this one. The quantities are approximate, and you can modify according to your taste or according to the amount of leftover rice you have.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (or enough to cover the rice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- Put cooked rice, sugar, and milk in a saucepan.
- Add extracts, cardamom, and flax.
- Heat to just before boiling, or to an early boiling point, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, cool, and serve.
- Store remaining quantities in the refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
The taste of this was great, loved all the flavors, they really blended well. It was also easy and gave me a nice way to use up left over rice. My only issue with it is that mine came out more milky and not thick or creamy like a pudding that I was expecting. Wondering what I could do to fix that as really enjoyed the flavors.