Pineapple Coconut Jasmine Rice
photo by cfletcher
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple (diced)
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot.
- Stir in the rice and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until water is absorbed (stirring occasionally),.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the coconut milk over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add 1/2 of the coconut milk mixture to the cooked rice.
- Let the rice stand for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then add the diced pineapple and remainder of the coconut milk to the rice.
- Optional: added a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top of the rice when serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow!! This is wonderful! It takes little effort, and is sooooo good. Everyone at dinner loved it. Even the picky eater kept taking more on her plate, and then took the leftovers home. We love to grill fresh pineapple, and we're going to try serving the grilled pineapple slices over the rice. Yummm! Be sure to try this at least once.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love to try new recipes......this website is the best ! I have tried several others but always end up coming back here ! It's now one of my favourites....and the first place I go for any meal suggestions ! I tend to use recipes as guidelines rather than the exact way of doing cooking. Cooking should be fun and experimental...at least I think so...to give you something a bit different every time you make a recipe. I know that many of my recipes never turn out the same way twice....if they do then I did something wrong!