MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Years ago I wanted to try something different in my meatloaf and decided to add the rice. My family and I loved it, and have been eating it ever since. I have several that I make, but this one is one of my FAVORITES!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 cup tomato sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put beef and onions together in a lg. bowl. Mix well.
- Add bread crumbs, eggs, and milk, and mix well.
- Add rice and water, and mix well. (It will be soupy. It won't be like that when it's done).
- Add 1/2 cups ketchup, and 1/2 cups tomato sauce, salt and pepper, and mix well. I use my hands to mix it together. It doesn't look so good before being cooked, but it is when it is cooked!
- Put mixture in a 9x13-inch casserole dish, shaping into a loaf.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining ketchup and tomato sauce together. Pour over top of meatloaf.
- Bake in 350°F oven, for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Let sit for a few minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a great meatloaf! DH and I ate this and then DH brought the leftovers to work for lunch today. We enjoyed this very much, and the addition of the rice is excellent. Not your traditional meatloaf, but great none the less! Next time I may add a little green pepper, and have an inside out stuffed pepper. We are looking forward to a next time too!Reply