Chicken and Rice in the Slow Cooker!
photo by Judith G.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 5mins
1 Dinner for 2-4, minus veggie side dish
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups white rice
- garlic salt
- 4 chicken breasts (you can use between 2-4, depending on how much you need)
- Mix cream of mushroom soup, rice, and milk together in the slow cooker until well blended.
- Sprinkle an even coating of garlic salt over the top of the rice.
- Place 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast in the slow cooker. Completely immerse chicken in the rice mixture.
- Cook on low 8-9 hours if cooking with frozen chicken. If chicken is thawed, cook on low 6-8 hours.
There must be something wrong with the amount of liquid you use? I let this cook in my crock pot for 8 hours while I was away at work and came home to an over cooked mushy mess instead of supper. The rice was so soggy, and the chicken was dry as can be. There was no flavor at all either. I added extra s&p when I mixed it but it didn't help. I went out and got rice a Roni to serve with my overly dry chicken breasts. I will not be using this recipe again.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a high school English teacher and mother/wife. I have one son, Zack....he rocks! I'm trying to cook at home more often and am coming up with some good recipes!