Aunt Ida's Apple Cranberry Noodle Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 3⁄4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Set oven rack in the middle position; preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 13 x 9 inch ovenproof glass baking dish with vegetable spray.
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 7-10 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain noodles and rinse under cold water.
- Place noodles in a big bowl.
- Add in melted butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Whisk eggs with pineapple juice to blend, add to noodles, and stir to combine; set aside.
- Mix the remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon with remaining 1/4 cup sugar and toss with apples in another bowl.
- Spread half of the noodles in prepared baking dish; add all of the apples in an even layer.
- Spread cranberry sauce over the apples.
- Sprinkle evenly with walnuts.
- Layer remaining noodles on top.
- Topping: toss melted butter with walnuts to coat and scatter over top of pudding.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until pudding is bubbling and top is golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store leftovers in a clean dish covered with wax paper in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!