Aunt Ida's Passover Sponge Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Sift cake meal and potato starch together and set aside.
- Add oil and vanilla to egg yolks.
- Add sugar and salt while beating.
- Continuing to beat, add orange juice alternately with sifted dry ingredients.
- Beat some more until creamy.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, and fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Pour batter to about 1 1/2" from the top of an ungreased 10" tube pan (an angel-food cake pan, with removable sides.) Bake at 325 degrees F.
- for 50-60 minutes.
- (There will be enough batter left over for an additional 8" or 9" round cake.) Invert to cool (important so cake won't collapse!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!