Spinach Noodle Pudding
A delicious way to get your family to eat and enjoy spinach.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 packages frozen creamed spinach, cook according to directions
- 2 eggs, beaten
- dry breadcrumbs (for topping)
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup butter
- Saute onions until golden in 1/2 stick of butter.
- Toss in garlic and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to directions on package.
- Drain noodles and toss with the other 1/2 stick of butter and blend with the spinach, sour cream, sauteed onions and eggs.
- Salt and pepper to your taste.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a buttered casserole dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I really liked this recipe. I would have given it 5 stars except the recipe didn't include how long to cook the dish, and I made a couple of pretty major changes. I don't think I would have liked it quite as much as written. I followed the spirit of the recipe, cutting it in half except for the garlic and sour cream. I didn't think it needed creamed spinach with the sour cream, so I used frozen chopped spinach. I also left out the butter completely, sauteing the onions in 1 tsp of light olive oil and throwing in the pasta noodles without any added fat. I baked for about 35 minutes. Wonderful way to get both your veggies and starch in one dish.Reply