Apple Cranberry Bread Pudding
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This would go nicely with a Thanksgiving dinner. Top this bread pudding with its Lemon Sauce recipe #74942.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 4 cups stale bread, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 lb fresh cranberries
- water, to cover
- 4 eggs
- grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons rum (dark preferred)
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter, cooled
- 2 firm tart apples, cut in chunks
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves
- Place bread and 2 cups sugar in mixing bowl.
- Pour milk over and mix well.
- Allow bread to soak up milk for about an hour.
- In a saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and cranberries.
- Cover with water and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, rum and melted butter.
- Pour over bread cubes.
- Stir in apples, drained of their cooking liquid and the walnuts and cranberries.
- Pour entire mixture into baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until pudding is puffed and golden.
- Cool slightly, cut into squares and serve with lemon sauce recipe#74942.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION