1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup
- In sauce pan combine, white sugar, salt, half-and-half and whipping cream.
- Bring to a boil.
- In another sauce pan, combine Br.sugar & cornstarch.
- Gradually whisk in hot mixture into br.sugar mixture.
- Add margarine/or butter (to me this makes it even better.).
- Cook over med. heat, whisk constantly, 5 min or until thick.
- Simmer 1 minute and stir in van.
- Pour into uncooked pie shell and sprinkle w/cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes.
- I recommend 100 Year Old Pie Crust for this pie.