Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A yummy, easy to make bread pudding. A great dessert or good for Breakfast. I have been making this for some time my family loves it served with whiskey sauce (I included the recipe for the sauce).
- 6 slices dry bread (I like to use Bread with nuts and seeds in it)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Whiskey Sauce Recipe
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup coffee creamer
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Drizzle melted butter over bread.
- Sprinkle with raisins, if desired.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Pour mixture over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
- I like to serve it with a whiskey Sauce: Cook together for just a few minutes, VERY GOOD.
Easy and very good comfort food. I made the whiskey sauce and another lemon one. Was good with both. Great way to use leftover bread. I love bread pudding! Thanx Barb!1
Even my hubby "who doesn't like bread pudding" really enjoyed it!!! He took a little piece, and then kept coming back for more... ;) It was delicious, very comforting, easy to make--Great stuff!!! I'll definitely be making this more!
AMAZING IS ALL I CAN SAY. Thank you Barb for sharing your recipe.