Yummy Peach Bread Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. (you should have 10-12 cups); spread in baking dish. Add peaches and toss gently to combine. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, flour and cinnamon; whisk in milk and vanilla and pour over the bread and peaches. Press bread down gently with spatula to coat in liquid. Let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes ir until bread is soaked through.
- Bake for about 55 minutes or until puffed, golden and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve hot or warm.
- COOKING TIP: Day-old bread works well for this recipe but make sure the bread is not stale. If using canned peaches, drain them well and pat dry before measuring.
- FOR THE ADVENTUROUS: Add 1 cup chopped white chocolate or white baking chips with peaches. Serve topped with lemon-flavored whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or lemon yogurt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Superb- did a couple personal tweaks (based on what was in the cupboard this day) - Splenda br. sugar stubstitute, butter rum flavoring for vanilla, and end of cantaloupe season so - combo of peaches/cantaloupe and a sprinkling of wheat germ on fruits/bread. Easy to sneak some wheat germ in on unsuspecting family in a dessert!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.