Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sauce has some spice and heat without being like napalm in your mouth,and goes well with all meats.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown mustard
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules (or 1 clove garlic,crushed,peeled,and minced)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in large non-reactive saucepan;blend well.
- Bring to a quick boil,then reduce heat and simmer,uncovered,for 15 mins,stirring frequently.
- May be served warm or cold.
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator.
This is a pretty darn good tasting sauce.... I omite the vinegar and I did sub ketchup for the tomatoe paste and found that it worked just as well.....