Prep 35 mins
Cook 192 hrs
Only 9 points.
Make and share this Ww Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, fat trimmed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 1⁄2 ounces nonfat beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 6 cups egg noodles, cooked
- Wrap steak in heavy duty plastic wrap; freeze for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap steak; cut steak diagonally across the grain into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Place steak, onion, and next 7 ingredients in a 3 quart electric slow cooker.
- Combine flour and broth in a bowl; stir with a whisk until blended.
- Add broth mixture to cooker; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat for 8 hours or until tender.
- Turn slow cooker off; remove lid.
- Let stand 10 minutes;.
- Stir in sour cream; blend well.
- Serve stroganoff over noodles.
Found that freezing the meat for 30 min was a wonderful way to make it very easy to get nice even slices very easily.
My family loves this recipe. I used venison instead of beef, Greek plain non-fat yogurt instead of sour cream, portabello sliced mushrooms, and fresh, chopped Italian parsley. If there are any leftovers, they don't last long!
We didn't care for this recipe. I found the sauce to be a little floury and the Dijon taste to be too strong.