Recipe by Cntrygrl160
This Recipe is from Everyone Loves Chicken! I made a few changes but it is wonderful! Even my 2 year old will eat it. I took out the salt and pepper so you can season to taste, Serving size is 1 1/3 cup
Top Review by bzsoccermom
This wasn't bad. I like how few noodles it used, but it seemed like a pasta dish. I think I'll try adding some carrots next time. Thanks for sharing! It's a great weeknight meal!
- 1⁄2 lb yolk-free egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven top 350 degrees. Spray a 2 quart high sided baking dish with nonstick spray.
- cook the noodles per package directions drain and set aside.
- meanwhile, whisk the flour and 1/2 cup of the broth in a small bowl until the flour dissolves.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minute Stir in the milk and the remaining 1/2 cup broth; bring the mixture to a simmer. Whisk in the flour mixture; cook stirring constantly, until the sauce bubbles and thicknes, about 3 minute Stir in the mustard and tarragon.
- Mix the peas and chicken in with sauce.
- pour noodles into baking dish then top with sauce mixture. Stir the mixture together then top with cheese.
- Bake Until bubbling and golden brown abour 40 minute.
- Let stand for 5 min then serve.