Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A thick, creamy potato soup. Wonderful on chilly nights served with warm bread. Adapted from a recipe my MIL gave me. Can easily be made vegetarian by using veggie broth and bouillon.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 diced onion
- 4 large cubed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 -3 large carrots, diced
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour (more for thicker soup)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- In a large pan saute onions in butter.
- Add carrots, potatoes, and celery and allow to soften a bit and get all buttery.
- Add salt, paprika and broth, and cook until veggies are tender.
- Meanwhile, make white sauce: Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add bullion cubes and stir to dissolve. When cubes are fully dissolved add flour and whisk until all lumps are gone. Add milk and bring to a slow simmer.
- When veggies are tender add white sauce and simmer if desired or serve immediately with bread.