Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipes is easy and very tasty. My family loved it. I adapted it from a recipe found here. You can adjust the heat by adding more or less cayenne pepper. I serve it over rice with sour cream and grated cheddar.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups turkey broth
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies
- In a large skillet, saute onions, peppers, garlic, olive oil and seasonings for 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and brown.
- Add broth, beans and green chilis.
- Let simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.