Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A delightful alternative to traditional chili! I serve mine over corn chips, topped with shredded cheese and sour cream. This an easily modified recipe to suit your taste, time and available equipment. (I've been known to use canned chicken in this and it's still delicious!)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Mrs Dash southwest chipotle seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- Place chicken, onions, bell pepper and garlic in crockpot and cover with the chicken broth and wine.
- Stir in all the spices.
- Cover and cook on low for 3--4 hours.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred with two forks.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 T of cornstarch with 1/2 cup of cold water; whisk into liquid in crockpot.
- Add the, shredded chicken, green chilies, beans and corn to the mixture, then cover and cook an additional 2-3 hours on high.