Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love white chili, I love green chiles, and I love ground pork - so I created this crockpot recipe to combine all flavors!
- 1 lb white beans, soaked overnight rinsed, and strained
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb green chili
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minuced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown ground pork and strain grease (although when I've been in a hurry, I've skipped this step and put it in the crock pot raw and it didn't ultimately hurt the flavor at all).
- Rinse and strain beans
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot, adding however much water the bag of beans directs (include the chicken broth in this measurement)
- *Note - you can use canned green chiles (if so, use about 3 cans) or fresh Hatch green chiles, when in season!
- Stir ingredients, set crockpot to high, let simmer on high for about 30 minutes.
- Turn crockpot to low, let cook as long as needed, I usually do about 8 hours, although it'd be ready to eat around 6 hours.