Creamy White Chili
I received this recipe via email from Taste of Home Budget Friendly Meals. I had to tweak the spices a little as the original spices would have made it WAY too hot for our tastes. I can tell you that when I made this, Jim just kept saying, over and over, how amazing it was! It is very, very easy to put together, and the wow factor is definitely there. If you try this recipe, I know you'll feel the same! :-) (We doubled it for our family of six, and I think you could use any "white" meat in this recipe. We will be trying boneless thighs next time, for texture....)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Yield: 7 servings.