Cheryl's White Bean Chicken Chili - Ww Points = 4
Something I just threw together today...4 points per serving if you can get 8 servings out of it! NOTE regarding the spices. I really don't measure these. I just kind of throw them in so the amounts listed can be adjusted per your tastes. By the way, the Cracker Girl All-Purpose Seasoning is something that I ordered online by way of a friend's recommendation. I imagine you can use whatever all-purpose seasoning blend that you prefer. :-)
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 10mins
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) bag onions, frozen, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can jalapenos, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cracker Girl all-purpose seasoning
- Turn your crock pot on high.
- Chop the chicken breasts into smaller pieces. I use my mini-chopper for this (it resembles ground chicken breast).
- On stovetop, brown the chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add everything to your crockpot and allow to cook about 5 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Whoa! This was awesome! I'm totally craving it and just finished up a batch last week. I think the serving size is pretty right on - it's a small bowl, but paired with some oyster crackers it's pretty filling and under 250 cal. Next time I'll definitely cut back on the jalapenos though. My mouth was on fire!!!
This was really great! I didn't have Cracker Girl seasoning so I used the chipotle blend of Mrs. Dash and left out the jalepenos and it had just the right amount of heat for our family. This really made closer to 4, maybe 5 servings for us but even accounting for the larger servings, this makes a delicious, healthy and filling dinner for under 400 calories. Thanks for sharing!
What a great recipe! I would double this next time-- it only served 4. My DH told me to make some more tomorrow, he loved it. I used regular onion instead of frozen and soaked my own beans overnight. I also used diced green chilis instead of jalapenos, all I had. It was FANTASTIC and low fat. How about that? I will make this again and again. Thanks for such a great easy recipe!