Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Mr. Food
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat a Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the raisins, pecans, and flour; mix until the raisins and pecans are thoroughly coated, then stir them into the cake batter.
- Pour batter into the Bundt pan and bake for 32 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, and whiskey and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; let boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a fork, poke holes into the top of the cake and pour the syrup over the cake.
- Let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting.