1/6 Photos of Weight Watchers Shepherd's Pie
1 hr 7 mins
Seasoned meat and vegetables are nestled under creamy mashed potatoes and then baked to form a sensational, savory pie. 5 POINTS per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces (es)
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (diced)
- 2 medium celery ribs, diced
- 1 lb uncooked ground turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups canned chicken broth or 2 cups beef broth
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 2Place potatoes in a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover potatoes. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain potatoes, transfer to a large bowl and add sour cream and margarine; mash until smooth, season to taste with salt and set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add turkey and cook until browned, breaking up the meat as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Add flour, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper; stir to coat. Add broth and bring to a simmer; simmer until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- 4Transfer turkey mixture to a 9-inch, deep-dish pie plate. Spread mashed potatoes over top and using the back of a spoon, make decorative swirls over the top. Bake until potatoes are golden, about 30 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.2
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 856.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 26.3 g