Fiesta Tamale Pie / Weight Watchers
weight watchers 5 points for a large serving sweet and spicy mix made w/turkey to keep the fat down
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (7 ounce) package sweet corn cake mix
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- heat oven to 375 degrees. in large skillet cook turkey,onion, and bell pepper until turkey is cooked. stir in beans,salsa, and jalapenos.
- prepare corn mix and pour into greased 9" pie plate.
- spoon meat mixture onto corn mix and bake 30 to 40 min or until set.
- remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for 5 min or until cheese is melted. let cool 5 min before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Absolutely fantastic! My kids ate every bit including the onions and that is a feat, I did the cornbread on top. I used recipe 83625 and halved it. I used a ceramic dutch oven and sauteed the veggies in there and cooked the ground turkey in a separate pan then combined, loaded on the cornbread and cooked in the oven. I never thought I would like turkey but this proved me wrong. :)1Reply
see 10 more