Weight Watchers Fresh Strawberry Pie
photo by Linky
- Ready In:
- Combine 3 cups sliced strawberries, sugar and juice in a medium saucepan.
- Mash berries in pan with a potato masher; stir in cornstarch and bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until very thick, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; let cool slightly and then stir in remaining sliced strawberries. Scrape into pie crust.
- Let cool slightly; cover loosely with plastic lid from pie crust. Refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours (you can then freeze the pie for a little while if desired, to make it easier to slice).
- To serve, in a medium bowl, stir together vanilla yogurt and lemon zest until blended. Spread on top of pie, leaving a border around edges so strawberry filling shows. Slice reserved strawberries and use them to garnish pie. Slice pie into 10 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful dessert! I used Splenda instead of sugar so my diabetic, lactose intolerant friend could eat it, too. I had no cranberry juice and didn't feel like buying any for a mere half cup, so I used water with a teaspoon of lemon juice. Everyone enjoyed it - with or without the yogurt topping. Made for My 3 Chefs 2012
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I am still young (25) Life experince has aged me alot. I learned to cook at both of my grandmother's knees (One southern American, one southern Irish) when I was about five. By ten I started collecting cookbooks and experinmenting on my own. As a latch key kid I cooked for my four younger brothers and sisters. My mom ran a small deli before she died when I was 17 so alot of my recies debuted there. Now I run my own catering Buisness. I am married to a wnderful man for five years now. I am a six year old daughter, sons who are four and three. We are also raising my 14 year old sister and nine Year old stepsister and have a 16 year old foster daughter, all of which love cooking with me. I am writing a cookbook with the hopes that when I pass I can leave my recipes for them My cookbook collection has now reached over 1200. Thank you for trying and reviewing my recipes.. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">