Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mom made this dessert for Thanksgiving the first year I was a Weight Watcher and it went better then the pecan or pumpking pies. 3 points per serving. Sorry, this recipe isn't core.
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 1 (1/16 ounce) package sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free whipped topping
- 2 (6 ounce) key lime pie yogurt
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in yogurt with wire whisk.
- Fold in whipped topping with wooden spoon.
- Spread in crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
A huge favourite at our house, using other flavours of jello as well. I make it without the crust, and sometimes add some co-ordinating pieces of fresh fruit (raspberries with raspberry jello, etc.) This is such a satisfying dessert for so few calores.
I've used this recipe for many years with great success. My friends and family especially like it using orange gelatin & yogurt... it tastes like a creansicle! But I usually make it without the pie crust and serve it as "mousse" in small glass dishes or a large crystal bowl (double thr recipe) topped with additional whipped topping - and using fat free and/or sugar free whipped topping, it's only 1 point.
Great dessert (even if you aren't on Weight Watchers). I served this to company and it was a hit. It was nice having a lighter dessert after our meal. Instead of making a pie I put the filling into parfait glasses, topped with a few graham cracker crumbs and served it ... we didn't miss the pie at all. I'll be experimenting with other flavors ... orange, lemon ... the possibilities are endless!!!