Sandra's Key Lime Pie
I saw this in the Food section of the Cincinnati Enquirer October 30 2002 Pg E3. By Chef Sandra Wilson. I really like Key Lime Pie and until this recipe have never found one that satisfied me.
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup nellie & joe famous key west lime juice
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat softened cream cheese until creamy.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and beat to incorporate.
- Add egg yolks and beat well.
- Add lime juice and beat till combined.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and spread with spatula until evenly distributed.
- Place on cookie sheet and then into the oven and bake for 10 min.
- until the filling begins to set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on rack at room temp.
- Then place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Two works better.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve with a generous helping of whipped cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have made this recipe several times and have made a few variations to fit our tastes. I use a half a package of cream cheese and 4 oz of sour cream instead of 8 oz of cream cheese. I also add more lime juice to taste. A winner in our house. (I also make my own graham cracker crust and add chopped walnuts to it!)Reply
Really great pie! I did add the zest of most of one lime as others had commented because we like our key lime pie tart. Otherwise followed recipe exactly. I wonder if those few reviewers who said the pie was terrible accidentally used evaporated milk instead of sweetened condensed. That’s an easy mistake to make and would, in fact, result in a pretty disgusting pie.1Reply
This is the most addictive dessert I've ever made. I would have eaten the whole thing in one setting if I didn't have other family members I had to share with!!! Holy cow it was good. The cream cheese does dilute the lime flavor, which is the only reason it doesn't get 5 stars. Next time I will add lots of zest or maybe more lime juice to custard. (I used half squeezed key limes and half store bought because I ran out of real key limes). I was making two pies and didn't have another pie plate. So I used a mini 2 qt. mini casserole dish. Cooking time worked perfectly for crust and custard. Next time I'll also add some zest to the whipped cream, which I made from scratch. Just needed a little something else. So sue me. I just wanted more tart lime goodness.1Reply
This is a delicious recipe. I’ve made it several years just like this recipe. Only thing I do differently is use 4 egg yolks instead of 3, use 2 cans of condensed milk instead of 1, and increase Key Lime juice to 3/4 C.... By doing this, It will completely fill the large 9 oz. graham cracker crust. Yummy Recipe ??4Reply
see 174 more