Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A spread with the tastes of sushi. For ease, bottled wasabi sauce may be substituted for the powdered wasabi mixture. Ponzu could be substituted for the soy sauce or a combination of half-and-half soy/ponzu sauce.
- 1 (8 ounce) brick cream cheese (not softened)
- 2 teaspoons dried wasabi powder (more or less to taste, follow preparation instructions on the wasabi container)
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion (to taste)
- slivered fresh ginger (to garnish) (optional)
- rice crackers, for serving
- Prepare wasabi paste, set aside. (Remember bottled wasabi sauce may be substituted).
- Split cream cheese lengthwise into 3 slices.
- Spread the wasabi paste on the 2 cut sides, adding more or less wasabi to your liking.
- Layer the cream cheese slices to reform the brick (like a layer cake).
- After layering the cream cheese, coat the sesame seeds all over the cream cheese.
- Place wasabi cream cheese on a serving plate and pour the soy sauce around the brick.
- Garnish with green onion, ginger slices and extra wasabi, if desired.
- Serve with rice crackers.