Cranberry Cream Cheese Appetizer
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce (*)
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- assorted cracker
- *Duringthe Holiday times,left over fresh cranberry sauce is great!
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, honey and cinnamon until smooth.
- Spread onto a serving dish or plate.
- In a bowl, stir cranberry sauce until it reaches a spreading consistency; spread over cream cheese mixture (leaving about 1 inch around sides of cheese showing-- makes it pretty) Sprinkle with almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve with crackers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Everyone at Thanksgiving dinner enjoyed this. This recipe is a keeper. I made one slight change as to presentation: After mixing, I shaped the cheese into a ball, covered the mixing bowl, & placed it into the freezer just til hardened slightly. Then placed the ball into a piece of saran wrap shaping the ball into a slightly flattened round & refrig. Just before serving place some almonds on plate, then place cheese round on top of almonds, using the balance of the almonds cover entire cheese round. Then spoon on cranberries. Beautiful and delicious!