1/2 Photos of Vegetarian Lemon Rice With Artichokes and Chickpeas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onions or 1 large onion
- 1 medium red bell peppers or 1 large red bell pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups brown basmati rice (not instant) or 2 cups rice, of your choice (not instant)
- 1 lemons, juice of or 2 lemons, juice of
- 3 cups vegetable broth or 3 cups chicken broth, if you prefer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained (cut into quarters if they don't come that way)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese (if you prefer)
- 1Heat olive oil in very large pan with a lid.
- 2Add rice and sauté until golden brown.
- 3Add onions and red bell pepper and sauté until soft and onions are translucent.
- 4A couple of minutes before onions and red pepper are soft, add the garlic (I don’t know about you, but I do this to prevent the garlic from burning).
- 5Stir in broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 6Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in artichokes and chickpeas.
- 8Cover for about 5 minutes to make sure they get warm.
- 9When serving, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Lemon Rice With Artichokes and Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.2
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 1517.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: