Top Review by Rita~
This was delicious! I made it in the ricer. Starting with the lid open follow the directions for sauteing and then added remaining ingredients and closed lid and walla. A great side or main. Sun dried tomatoes would be a really great addition in this. Thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onions or 1 large onion
- 1 medium red bell peppers or 1 large red bell pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups brown basmati rice (not instant) or 2 cups rice, of your choice (not instant)
- 1 lemons, juice of or 2 lemons, juice of
- 3 cups vegetable broth or 3 cups chicken broth, if you prefer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained (cut into quarters if they don't come that way)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese (if you prefer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in very large pan with a lid.
- Add rice and sauté until golden brown.
- Add onions and red bell pepper and sauté until soft and onions are translucent.
- A couple of minutes before onions and red pepper are soft, add the garlic (I don’t know about you, but I do this to prevent the garlic from burning).
- Stir in broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in artichokes and chickpeas.
- Cover for about 5 minutes to make sure they get warm.
- When serving, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.